Twisted Reflection

« Home | Red line Jury » | Gopher it... ..gopher it !! » | Now keep in mind I do admit that without spell che... » | I was looking to see if Midori was going to be put... » | Tagged by curious and mi3 ... ( how do I almost a... » | Altissima quaeque flumina minimo sono labiThe deep... » | Gawd I ache.You know, that feeling you have during... » | Finally added a Wacom graphics tablet to the lapto... » | My photography buddyShe's a 2002 Honda 919 Hornet.... » | So I get everything ready to roll..wanted to play ... » 

Saturday, February 04, 2006 

Blogspot having issues

HA!!....so it wasn't me after all
My tech-geek ego is now restored ( I really didn't think it was me anyhow... really )

No information....but a few people sitting around trying to figure out what's up click here for a thread on that at bloggerforum.

I didn't see any mention of the exact problem but after trying to view blogs several different running threw proxy servers and IP backdoors thinking it was my IP blocking the sites ( this happens sometimes during server glitches ... or tech foobars ) I decided to run a ping and trcrt and found that the IP address that is used by all blogger subdomains was ok but the subdomains were not resolving. ( yourblog.blogspot.com ...subdomain . ..rather than blogspot.com/thisafter .. base domain first)

Thus status.blogger.com couldn't even be checked. Subdomain again rather than a strait blogger.com/status URL ... hummm.. me thinks this was an oversight. I've had this problem on with my domain hosts as well in the past thus avoid using subdomains in some critical instances.

It looks like whatever it was is fixed now though

Updated Firefox today just to find out that the spellchecker I use with it now doesn't work with the new version...bastiges. And blogspot doesn't work well with opera.. my other browser of choice when posting. So I am stuck using the blogger speelz checks. Which so does not understand my verbal jazz... It's not even funny.

So... how many of you were cussing your monitors out today *grinz*

Aye... and.. the ride didn't happen today... freaking weather blew in way early... rain..sleet and 50mph+ winds... Savage said.. go for a ride?..screw that
maybe tomorrow.

Regards
Savage
.

I was having the same problems, I turned my computer off, went and met a friend for a few drinks. Now
I am home and all is fine!

Thanks for the update, Savage! I just posted a question asking if anyone else had lost their postings yesterday....

And curious lost my comment.....

Reminds me of the other place! lol

Gee... and I thought it was chantilly and she had decided to come over here and stalk me!!!

Nah, the other place is still way worse. Even with the problems yesterday, it doesn't take 24 hours for a post or a comment to show.

thanks, the "sub"domain thing was interesting. Hmmmm.

Jonathan -- Thanks for the comment. Funny how that works huh.. walk away, come back and tadaaa

wistful -- eh, I lost a few comments too on a couple different blogs, had made them the night of.. I think curious is seeking in and taking them and hiding them in a coffee can in her back yard

curious -- *eyeballs ya*.. chantilly huh... humm. me thinks she wares the same perfume as you then

spring -- I agree 100%

fella -- it happens, sometimes techs don't know to avoid some dilemma... until they become dilemma

.

Post a Comment

get firefox!         innovation delivered